Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Heading for the hills


Early this morning I flew off toward somewhere I've never been -- for no better reason than that there are mountains there and I can.

I will be trekking in eastern Nepal for the next couple of weeks -- Lukla to Namche Bazaar to Tengboche on the map above. If the weather cooperates I may be able to see Mt. Everest in the distance -- or not. This is not difficult expedition travel, just a little high, getting up to about 13000 feet where there is not much air. But in Nepal, some people live whole lives in these places. I know I can walk there.

I will be offline completely until I get home. There will be pictures and thoughts here when I return.

In the meantime, there are posts ready to go up on this blog -- of course these are not so timely as when I'm around, but I hope they are diverting.

No comments: