Thursday, June 09, 2005

Cat haiku

frisker-duffel
I bothered her. See number 10 below.

Apparently I was parsing the cat's comments primitively in this post. Picked up this far more sophisticated version at The Alna Erratic. No, I promise, really, this is not going to become a cat blog.

1
The food in my bowl
is old, and more to the point
Contains no tuna.

2
So you want to play.
Will I claw at dancing string?
Your ankle's closer.

3
There's no dignity
In being sick -- which is why
I don't tell you where.

4
Seeking solitude
I am locked in the closet.
For once I need you.

5
Tiny can, dumped in
Plastic bowl. Presentation,
One star; service: none.

6
Am I in your way?
You seem to have it backwards:
This pillow's taken.

7
Your mouth is moving;
Up and down, emitting noise.
I've lost interest

8
The dog wags his tail,
Seeking approval. See mine?
Different message.

9
My brain: walnut-sized.
Yours: largest among primates.
Yet, who leaves for work?

10
Most problems can be
Ignored. The more difficult
Ones can be slept through.

11
My affection is conditional.
Don't stand up,
It's your lap I love.

12
Cats can't steal the breath
Of children. But if my tail's
Pulled again, I'll learn.

13
I don't mind being
Teased, any more than you mind
A skin graft or two.

14
So you call this thing
Your "cat carrier." I call
these my "blades of death."

15
Toy mice, dancing yarn
Meowing sounds. I'm convinced:
You're an idiot.

1 comment:

Alna Dem said...

Hi, Janinsanfran - I like your blog!

Signed,
Dog Person in Maine