Saturday, December 17, 2005

Gender roles quiz

Androgynous
You scored 83 masculinity and 60 femininity!

You scored high on both masculinity and femininity. You have a strong personality exhibiting characteristics of both traditional sex roles.



My test tracked 2 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:
free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 70% on masculinity
free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 45% on femininity
Link: The Bem Sex Role Inventory Test written by weirdscience on Ok Cupid.

Hmmm...
Seems about right for a tall, physically competent dyke born in 1947. Those of us who came of age in the liberation movements of the 60s and fought our way to feminist consciousness in the 70s quite commonly seem to have cultivated this mix of characteristics based on available gender roles. Those who came both before and after us tend to label us "butch." Many of us just think of ourselves as women who like ourselves.

Thanks to Republic of T.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well, I was intrigued and took the test, (tho I probably would not have if I'd known I'd have to join a dating service and give them my email address in order to get the results.)

But I did. I am a 52 year old bisexual feminist and the results were as follows:

You scored 76 masculinity and 50 femininity! More informatively:

You scored higher than 84% on masculinity

You scored higher than 13% on femininity

So, by their standards, most women are terribly imbalanced in favor of so-called feminine traits, (shyness, inefficiency, etc)
and lacking so-called masculine ones (assertiveness, independence, etc.) Hmmm...

I wonder, is silly-test taking a masculine or feminine trait?