Thursday, October 22, 2015

Air travel hell again ...

... this time to Nicaragua to visit some projects of El Porvenir. Here's the organizational mission statement:

We partner with the people of Nicaragua so that they can build a future for themselves. Clean drinking water is at the core of El Porvenir; sanitation is necessary to ensure that the water is clean. In addition to sustainable water and sanitation projects, we work with communities on health and hygiene education and reforestation.

I last traveled this route in 2007; here's a story from that trip.

Meanwhile this is another surreal experience of airports, planes, security (yeah for Pre-Check!), no healthy food, hurrying up and waiting, anxious boarding lines, luggage wrangling ... Air travel is so convenient, miraculous if you think about it -- and so unpleasant.
***
I don't know how much connectivity I'll have over the next few days. I haven't pre-posted much (besides Morty for Friday.). Hopefully I'll have pictures and thoughts early on. Otherwise, whenever I can. Last time I was in Nicaragua, the internet was rare. But I suspect that has changed for visitors, if not for most residents.

1 comment:

Hattie said...

Will be eager to read about your experiences and hope for lots of pix.