Saturday, August 22, 2020

Saturday scenery: mailboxes

After a week of intense attention to the US Post Office, I thought I'd share a small sampling of the mailboxes I've run across while Walking San Francisco.

 As is true of many other domestic details, San Franciscans express their creativity through the boxes outside their residences.

Some designs may seem visually transgressive ...

while others are homey ...

others might be considered pretentious ...

or perhaps snobbish?

This being San Francisco, mail receptacles come with messages ...


This, my favorite, is the only image here not from San Francisco, down the road from where we stay on Martha's Vineyard island.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

I once did mailbox photo's from our neighborhood when I could walk it. I wonder where they are stored, if at all. I once painted a whale on ours. (my husband worked at Sea World) TX sun is hard on paint. :-)

Civic Center said...

Love the pics.