Tuesday, February 08, 2022

Polarization puzzlement

I've been seeing an awful lot of doctors lately. So this chart grabbed my interest:

As always, click to enlarge.
The data seem to date from 2016. Or perhaps earlier. 

Looks like the more lucrative specialties lean toward the party of the plutocrats ...

One wonders -- might even some surgeons, anesthesiologists, and urologists have shifted their political leanings since then? Might doctors have been subject to what Matt Yglesias calls the "growing education polarization which renders every community of subject-matter experts left-leaning"?

2 comments:

Ronni Gilboa said...

Consider it as a statement of felt personal ultimate power. To the rest of us, the absolute conceit of arrogance.

janinsanfran said...

I've realized I wish I could add a gender lens on top of these stats. Women are becoming doctors (especially in the less lucrative specialties) at a great rate ... bet they are often Dems.