Thursday, October 05, 2023

Greetings from Managua, Nicaragua

The airport Best Western hotel is a nice spot in an afternoon thunderstorm.  Rain chatters on the tin roofs and tile floors are unharmed by some water splash. Though they are slippery. I'm here for a board meeting of El Porvenir. There will be more pictures of the work of helping people provide themselves with clean water and sanitation facilities. These may have to wait until next week when I'll have better connectivity. Meanwhile, I'm loving the familiar 90 degree humid heat and the greenery.

3 comments:

Brandon said...

I'm loving the familiar 90 degree humid heat

Has it been cold in San Francisco?

janinsanfran said...

Hi Brandon: San Francisco gets one week of heat a year, usually at the end of September or beginning of Oct. We've just had it. Tropical heat, as you know well, is different. I like to visit it-wouldn't want to live in it.

Anonymous said...

Still pretty warm here.