Let's see, the Preznit just appointed to the Supreme Court a guy who, according to Think Progress:
- thinks states should have the right to force women to have unwanted children;
- would allow employers to make (their favorite) race a condition for employment;
- would permit disability-based discrimination;
- thinks Congress can't mandate a right for employees to take unpaid leave to care for a loved one;
- supports strip searches of persons not named in a warrant, including a 10 year old girl;
- has ignored settled law to rule against protections for immigrants.
It still looks like a liberal democratic country, but is it?