Equality California, the 800 pound gorilla at the hub of the gay and lesbian marriage fight in the state, has made a sensible decision:
That is, they haven't let themselves be stampeded into trying to go back to the ballot in 2010. Cheers for good judgment!
- The electorate in a Presidential year is likely to be younger and more progressive than next year.
- With some luck and good management, the economy may be stronger. Voters are much more open to innovation when they aren't so scared about their own situations.
- Waiting will give the individuals and communities that need to get to know each other better a longer window to do that.
- Potential donors needn't shell out again immediately.
- Some of the current, slightly hostile, electorate will no longer be voting.