Tuesday, June 02, 2015

Moratorium on luxury housing in the Mission

Half my neighborhood will be at San Francisco City Hall today, saying "just slow it down a bit and let us breathe ..." This explains:
Broke-Ass Stuart Explains the Mission Moratorium

Not sure what the Mission Moratorium is? Here is a cartoon where I explain it all.

Posted by Broke-Ass Stuart on Thursday, May 28, 2015
I find these white board videos convey meaning effectively -- assuming they are well done. Maybe that's just a personal preference; I could not persuade others on my last campaign that one of these would be worth trying. I am not very visually literate. Most people are far more so, nowadays.

3 comments:

Civic Center said...

I avoided looking at this video at its many links because I find Broke Ass Stuart an annoying egotist, but you I trust, and so I watched it and was deeply impressed. Great white-board video.

The Board of Supervisors meeting tonight has been pretty amazing. I stayed away from City Hall and decided to go all John Waters and simply shoot my favorite stills of the speakers as they were frozen on Government Access TV.

janinsanfran said...

Mike: I'm glad you'll be chronicling the event. I ended up unable to go to City Hall. My neighborhood is on fire -- and not just because of neglectful landlords who seem happy to let dilapidated buildings burn so they can extract more market value.

My church surveyed the congregation: every renter fears being evicted. Even the homeowners feel the ground shifting under them.

Hattie said...

People need to understand that this is a global issue that paradoxically can only be fought out at the local level,ie from below.