Saturday, July 04, 2015

Saturday scenes and scenery: from the trails

I had thought to write a serious post for Independence Day about "what's a country for?" Maybe someday I will. But today I need a bit of a break, so instead I'll offer a little of what I love most about this place, the scenes I encounter while running outside.


Here's the view over the Bay from the ridge off of San Bruno Mountain. The crow and I were entranced.


This road runs up into the Gerbode Valley in the Marin headlands.


Despite (or perhaps because of) the drought, there were lovely wild flowers in that area this spring.


The drought brings terror of fires. This fire road is above Lake Chabot near Castro Valley.


Below San Andreas Lake on the Peninsula, deer come out in the open to munch on the well-watered grass.


I don't even have to leave the city to find trails. In Golden Gate Park, I get to share hidden ways with mounted patrol cops and their mounts who look to be enjoying the day.

No comments: