Thursday, November 15, 2018

Wildfires force those who can to stay indoors

This afternoon in smoke-filled San Francisco reminds me of being house-bound by a raging blizzard in Buffalo in my youth. Except there's no way you'd ever go out and play in this ...

Nearby Potrero Hill is even worse than the Mission.

Meanwhile workers at the struck Palace (Marriott) hotel trudge on the picket line through the smog. I wonder what the parents among them will do with their kids now that the SFUSD has closed the schools for tomorrow because of the terrible air quality.

1 comment:

Rain Trueax said...

Living in a rural area where slash is seasonally burned from logging enterprises, I am particularly sensitive to smoke. We bought two room air cleaners, which helps with pollen too. Masks are good for those who have to go out in smoky regions and this smoke they say is toxic to add to its risks. For me, smoke leads to sinus infections; so be careful with it.