Thursday, April 10, 2014

Mr. DickHead steps forward

It's time for this little character to make his appearance. In a season in which powerful men have been mistaking a nether part of their anatomy for a brain, I'm starting an occasional Mr. DickHead Award series to raise up particularly egregious offenders.

First up: former CIA and National Security Agency director Michael Hayden for suggesting about Senator Diane Feinstein's intent to release her intelligence oversight committee's report on U.S. torture atrocities:
that motivation for the report -- may show deep, emotional feeling on the part of the senator ...
Feinstein seems to have thought about the moral as well as soft power demerits of making the U.S. an avowed torture state. But hey, don't go calling Feinstein a softie. She's been my mayor and my senator for most of my life, far too long in my view. She's no fainting female. (Nor are there many of those anywhere; we wouldn't survive the likes of Hayden if we were pushovers.) Feinstein is a politician more like an ice flow, a slow moving glacier that grinds and freezes anyone foolish enough not to get out of the way. Nice to see the NSA in her path.

Then there's ex-Gov. and potential GOP presidential candidate Mike Huckabee opining:
Guys like to go fishing with other men. They like to go hunting with other men. Women like to go to the restroom with other women. I don't get that. I can tell you this much: if I ever say, 'I have to go to the restroom' and some guy says, 'I'll go with you,' he ain't goin' with me. That much I know.
Paranoid and silly, a proper Mr. DickHead, is Mike.

If you are wondering where Mr. DickHead came from -- he was an item in an exhibit on the subject of "Sex in the Roman Era" I saw last summer in Tarragona, Spain. He appears designed to give a hand to women Romans. I figure with a likely Hillary Clinton candidacy on the horizon, there will be far too many opportunities to give out the Mr. DickHead Award in the next few years.

Nominees for the award gratefully accepted.

No comments: