Saturday, November 26, 2016

Saturday scenes and scenery: sharing the trail

I wasn't the only critter out in Golden Gate Park on a gray Friday. Most humans may have been flocking to stores ...

but the deeper I plunged into isolated trails ...

the more members of this raccoon family showed themselves. I have since discovered the English language noun for the group is a gaze. That's a new one for me.

This bunch had little fear of a galumphing human.

One brave critter seemed to serve the gaze as forward sentry, coming within a foot of my feet.

The park's near human neighbors must have quite a time securing their garbage cans. It doesn't look as if they do so very successfully.

1 comment:

Hattie said...

Do you know what they are eating? Is someone feeding them? They are cute, to be sure.