Thursday, December 15, 2016

Coming soon to an administration we failed to avert ...


I might have expected this from some flunky working for George W. Bush, but I was slightly surprised to hear it came from a Trump transition flack. I think of these people as just greedy opportunists, not willful idiots. Anthony Scaramucci, while doing his job of denying climate change during a TV interview, was pushed a little by host Chris Cuomo. He lurched comfortably into young Earth creationism:

“Some of the stuff that you're reading and some of the stuff I'm reading is very ideologically-based about the climate. We don't want it to be that way,” he said.

He later added, “I’m saying people have gotten things wrong throughout the 5,500-year history of our planet.”

These people know where the money is. They know how to make money -- they steal it from other ignorant but more gullible marks.

No comments: