Friday, December 27, 2019

Friday cat blogging

While we were away, nursing the sickly Morty, one of E.P.'s wise knitting friends sent an admonition: "The people usually give up before the cat."

When Morty neglected/refused to eat or drink for nearly a month, we took this to heart, pledging to each other that we wouldn't give up. E.P. force fed him vitamin-enriched prescription food through a plastic syringe multiple times as day. We punctured his lose skin and dripped electrolytes into him every day. And, as he retreated under the covers of our bed, we kept telling him: "You have to eat." "You have to drink for yourself."

And, finally, he did! The home-again Mort has now returned to his food bowls and his water fountain was if nothing had ever kept him away.
Unless he does something unbearably cute, I think I'll give Morty a break from cat blogging for awhile. We all need a rest from feline obsession.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will admit that when I was picking myself up from a rather bad ski jumping crash this December and wondering if i could compete the following week. I thought to myself." Well, more improbable things have happened, like finding Morty". I'm so glad he is doing well. He gives me hope in longs hots and slim chances. #thecatwholived