Thursday, February 27, 2020

Meet the Democratic candidate for US Senate in Arizona

If Democrats are going to take control of the Senate in the November election, they need to win in Arizona. Here's the guy who is on track to do the job.

If you told me when I was 16 that I’d reach my dream of being a Navy pilot and astronaut, I wouldn’t have believed you. Now, my hope for Arizona is that everybody gets a chance to achieve their own American dream.

Another fact about this retired astronaut: alongside his wife, ex-Congresswoman Gabby Giffords who was badly injured in a mass shooting in 2011, he's spent the last few years campaigning against gun violence. Mark Kelly seems a right candidate for Arizona.

Right now, Kelly is leading in the polls, but this will be a very tough election.

No comments: