Sunday, January 17, 2021

We've been warned

Someone who uses the Twitter name Alexis in Brexitland (@andevers) has a message for us who live in the disunited States. A slightly edited thread:

So, real talk to American friends. Start wearing your masks outside on the sidewalk if you are not. Start wearing them outside if there are people meters away. Start wearing them inside your house if there are others there. Wear them. The new variant transmits readily.

A great deal of people I know all got the new variant all at once -- at least one handful of people got it outside in a very legit allowed social distance park walk. ...

I am saying this because I can tell from talking to people back home that it hasn't really hit everyone how different it is. It's very different.

And really, I say this to everyone. The new variant is a doozy. ...

For months and months in fall, even as numbers climbed, I didn't know anyone with Covid. Then I knew a dozen all at once. And now I know about a dozen more. Just be careful.
 
I think it becomes very hard to avoid even if you do the right things now, if you interact with others at all. But the masks are definitely something.

If you are in a situation with others outside your home, even if you are in a bubble wear your masks. ...

Truthfully, I am selfish. I want the virus to go slower there than it did here, because all my older family is there, waiting on vaccines or second vaccines. Slow this down for them.

And for the hospitals and the workers. Everyone.

I submit this for your consideration, considering a lot more people don't have to die that will if we don't get better at masks and unnecessary going out. Etc. And that's it! I'm going to bed.

Scary.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Thanks I didn't know that about the variant.