Wednesday, March 31, 2021

It's a big world

Maybe if our right wing nitwits got out and about more, they wouldn't be so stupid. This week they are whining about "vaccine passports" -- some, not yet extant, proof that people might use to show that they've gotten their shots against the coronavirus. 

Representative Marjorie Taylor Green insists any such instrument is "Biden's Mark of the Beast." This despite the fact that the administration is leaving the development of such a thing to private actors. Well, Greene is the Congresswoman from QAnon ...

For the last two decades, I've traveled with one of these tucked in my passport. 

Sometimes border authorities glance at it; other times not. There are still countries that want to be darn sure that visitors aren't bringing some dangerous germ along with them.  I think the original purpose was to combat smallpox. Hey, that worked.

I can't remember which country it was whose demand led to my getting one. Judging by the dates inside, probably Tanzania ... I'm not sure.

And I certainly don't feel oppressed by being expected to produce it ... It has too often been the case that we here forget that other countries get to run their own borders.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

wonder when Greene's term is up?

janinsanfran said...

Hi Bonnie: Green is a Congresscritter -- a member of the House of Representatives from Georgia. That means her seat comes up for a vote every two years, next in 2022. Her constituents apparently like her, but I think she'll move on to a TV gig as soon as she can get one.