Saturday, December 17, 2022

Blog going on holiday schedule ...

It's a measure of how fixated I became on gas prices during the recent election that I knew I had to snap a picture when one San Francisco station broke through to $3.99 (cash/regular). I know that in most of the country this seems quite high, but still it seems a milestone here. I'm pretty convinced that for many people, gas prices are THE marker of the health of a dimly envisioned thing called "the economy." 

Obviously our responses to gas prices don't help us make the essential transition away from fossil fuels. We've got a lot of anxiety tied up in gas availability and prices, not entirely irrationally. We're just going to have to figure it out before we bake. And I actually think we will.

• • •

Meanwhile, my reaction to this irrational gas breakthrough reminds me that I'm still tired and a little traumatized from choosing to focus for four months so fiercely on winning one bit of a vital election. I need to give myself permission to take the next two weeks to decompress. I will probably post here, but only if I'm feeling it. May everyone enjoy whatever seasonal decompression, if any, comes their way!

No comments: