Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Holiday amusements

On my break from compulsive blogging, I'm doing what gives me great delight at this season: recording and watching at least part of most of what we call the East Armpit college football bowls. These are contests between teams, obscure to me if not to themselves, that match moderately successful mid-range squads where very few players can have legitimate professional aspirations. The players and their fans care so much -- and enjoy spending their pre-holiday break in exotic locations: the Bahamas, Hawaii, Boise. 

Yes, that means Idaho on the blue "smurf turf". That one is the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl -- formerly the Humanitarian Bowl and the MPC Computers Bowl. I like the current sponsor better. Take a look at what they are selling:

Good fun from this sponsor.

Not good fun for San Jose State, but hey -- the guys got to travel to Boise ...

No comments: