Thursday, June 24, 2010

She's at it again


In the grim days after 9/11 when President George W was doing his full cowboy act, Congresswoman Barbara Lee from Oakland, CA was a lonely voice of sanity.

She's speaking out again as another president enmeshes himself more deeply in the Afghanistan quagmire.

I was the only member of Congress to vote no on the use of military force in Afghanistan after 9/11 because I thought it would give any administration a blank check to wage war.

I don't believe there's a military solution here.

...I've put forward a resolution to stop funding for the surge and I'm going to continue to work on this in Congress and bring our troops home. And bring some of the trillions being spent out back into domestic policy -- money for jobs and the healthcare system.

Of course there needs to be funding to fight terrorism, but, as I said, I don't believe the solution will be a military one.

When our politicians talk sense, we have to have their backs.

No comments: