Thursday, October 08, 2020

Dana tells how the Black Lives Matter movement came to Chilmark, Mass.

This post is a treat ... at least so it seems to me.

Chilmark is a rural town on Martha's Vineyard Island, known throughout the east coast as a summer vacation destination. Its larger towns have long had a more visible Black presence than most resort areas. But Chilmark is the white boondocks. (E.P. has a long history there and she takes me along.) My friend Dana's is one of the few Black faces in town. I've always found her awesome, but this is special.

In this podcast, Dana Nunes shares her story of a movement moment. Give it 28 minutes of your time. You'll be glad you did. 

Photo stolen from the Martha's Vineyard Times. Dana is wearing the black t-shirt.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

So many years as a child lost to bullying. What I endured was no where like what she did.

janinsanfran said...

I hoped you'd appreciate this Bonnie. Glad you did.