Sunday, November 17, 2013

Awe

"Some people, in order to discover God, read books. But there is a great book: the very appearance of created things. Look above you! Look below you! Read it. God, whom you want to discover, never wrote that book with ink. Instead He set before your eyes the things that He had made. Can you ask for a louder voice than that?"
– St. Augustine
I'm not sure where I grabbed that quotation from, but it came to mind when I was taking these pictures in Marin Headlands, despite my discomfort with naming God "He."
click to embiggen



That last one might help you orient what I was seeing. The people were some 400 yards distant.

This post was queued up before I left for Bhutan.

1 comment:

Hattie said...

Still one of the most beautiful places on earth. Lovely photos.