Saturday, December 12, 2015

Saturday scenes: harvest and other wreaths

When I was growing up, a "wreath" meant a ring of evergreen cuttings, perhaps decorated with a red bow, that hung at Christmas on the front door. Not any more. I think this one contains artichokes, but maybe I'm wrong. These days, door decorations seem to appear for all seasons. Here are a few spotted while Walking San Francisco this autumn.

Leaves are certainly colorful.

I'm not sure small pumpkins work so well.

On the other hand, these gourds are artfully arranged.

I suspect this pair of being made of bromeliads; I'm sure someone who is better at plants will correct me if I'm wrong.

Now there is a wreath for the true fan. This wasn't the Giants' year, but there have been enough World Series seasons lately to make this understandable.


Susan Leone Starr said...


Hattie said...

Guess what? I have an evergreen wreath with a red bow hanging next to the front door.

Related Posts with Thumbnails