Friday, December 02, 2016

Yet another fund appeal ...

Here's an email I sent yesterday to some of my friends ...
Bear with me; I know you’ve probably deleted fifty or more of these in the last week. Please let me tell you why I'm hoping you'll help rural Nicaraguans help their communities by making any donation you can to El Porvenir. (Click the link and go to DONATE.)

Over the last 25 years, El Porvenir has partnered with 165,000 rural Nicaraguans in 600 communities to complete over 1,100 projects. Communities come to our Nicaraguan staff for help; El Porvenir responds with assistance through on-the-ground technical support and your donations.

Clean water from sustainable sources, sanitation facilities, and health education enable very poor people to live longer, better, and more happily. Pretty simple, isn't it?

Many thanks for reading this.

Jan Adams

P.S. Most of you receiving this note, received a similar note from me last year. Many of you responded generously -- my friends contributed a total over $1000 in various amounts. This has been a tough year, but let's stick with people who are living healthier and more hopeful lives because of their own labors and the generosity of those of us who have a little more.

3 comments:

janinsanfran said...

Many thanks to the friends I have heard from who have contributed to El Porvenir.

Hattie said...

I will contribute. Just a little behind right now.

janinsanfran said...

Thanks Hattie on behalf of El Porvenir. Many of us are feeling a little behind right now.