The national abdication of leadership in the face of some people's demand to "re-open" leaves each individual responsible for calculating their own risk. We each, individually, are left to decide which constraints we'll place on ourselves. For myself, I'm into masks, getting outside as much as possible, and seeing people only six feet apart. Your mileage may vary.
Black to the Future Action Fund:
- Put cash directly into the hands of people
- Complete cancellation of student loan payments
- Priority for all Black owned small businesses in the next round of PPP (paycheck protection program)
- Free testing and coverage of Covid-19 treatments for everyone
- Increase testing sites in underserved and rural communities
- Mandatory race, gender, and class specific data collection
- Cancel rent, mortgages, and evictions + public utilities and internet costs
- Safe housing options for victims of domestic violence and at-risk family members of essential workers
- Protect our vote
- Fund and protect the US Postal Service
As always, it's up to an aroused people to make it so.