- look up page 123 in the nearest book;
- look for the fifth sentence;
- then post the three sentences that follow that fifth sentence on page 123.
I've been trying to train myself not to write sentences that long, but I'm not a lawyer.
How quaintly this reads: in early 2006, author Joseph Margulies, one of the first attorneys trying to represent Guantanamo captives, believed he had to document the evolution of U.S. adoption of torture. Now the Administration proudly and openly boasts its right to these abominations. But I have to remember, there is resistance.
- Psychologists protest the perversion of their discipline.
- One of my heroes, Fr. Louis Vitale, is currently serving a short federal prison sentence for trying to unmask the Ft. Huachuca facility where the SERE training that became a school of torture is carried on. His friends tell me he'll be out for Good Friday.
- And Nell herself reports on the ongoing court cases and civil disobedience that challenge our detention and torture regime.
Passing the meme: go ahead Jane, Manegee, and truth if doing one this interests you.