Sunday, March 22, 2009

Iraq after six years

Laith writes from Baghdad:

Before 1979, Iraq was one of the best Arabic countries, people used to live a very good life. We used to have the best goods, the best factories and the best services but with the coming of Saddam to the presidency chair in 1979, everything changed. ...

When the US military started what they called Operation Iraq Freedom, I really felt so happy for one thing. I thought Iraq would be free again and we would have real government with politicians who really care about Iraq future and its people. I had a real big hope that services will be the best again and we would live happily again. I never thought that we would start killing each other for the sake of some strangers or to kidnap each other for money but I was completely wrong. I was sure that the American administration had planned very well for the stage after the war but I was wrong again. Nothing really changed in Iraq after six years. ...

I have to admit that after six years of the invasion, ALL MY DREAMS HAD GONE WITH THE WIND.

1 comment:

Darlene said...

I am so sad for all the Laiths in Baghdad. What a tragic mess the Bush Administration made of this war.

The people in Iraq have been cruelly denied their progressive culture by Saddam and Bush. Their country is in ruins and the future looks bleak.